Monday, February 1, 2016

Christmas project - pipped pillow

 This is a pillow that I made for a client,  actually I made 6 of these pillows.    The pillows  have zipper openings on the bottom  which took a bit longer and is more difficult when using piping.   I was happy that the zippers were almost invisible but I focused on the stripe matching and zipper insertion so much that I didn't cut the fabric to avoid dog ears.  The client was however very happy with the look.

The stocking are small,  the white part is only about 1-1/2 tall by 4"  so I was not able to hoop them.  I embroidered the names on wool felt which embroidered beautifully.  I then cut around the names and sewed them on the stockings.  I did 40 stocking all together and  think they turned out really cute.

lots more stockings!

1 comment: