Sunday, March 3, 2013

Silhouettes #550


This Silhouettes pattern was easy to make with only 3 pattern pieces, front, back and sleeves.  I was looking for something  quick and easy and this happened to fit the bill perfectly.

I made a size 4, cup size C but ended up taking about an inch out of the side seams.  I probably wouldn't have had to do that if I had made the optional back darts (will do next time).  I did however take away about the same amount in the sleeves.  Peggy has a button and button hole sleeve treatment that I think would have worked very well but I was in the quick and easy mode so I serged, turned up the bottom and sleeve hems and topstiched.  My fabric, a polyester blend was  drapey but I wanted to add little weight to help the cowl front drape so I bound the entire neckline in self fabric rather than double fold and topstitch per the instructions.  The back came out lower that I wanted and and actually had a slight V shape, the binding helped correct that problem and kept the back from ending up even lower.  I think I must have moved the pattern around and cut the fabric incorrectly?  I'll watch for that next time and may even raise the back some just for good measure.    In order to turn  this mistake into a design opportunity,   I made a tube, pressed it flat, top stitched,  then sewed it to the inside from shoulder to shoulder on the upper back.  You can barley see it in the picture below and no my skin is not really that color it is just a weird lighting thing.  I may make that strip a bit wider  but since I was looking for fast and easy and the top is done, fits and is comfortable, I think I will just leave it as it is. 


1 comment:

  1. It is absolutely fantastic to have a great fitting Tshirt pattern that you cxan turn to time and time again.
    Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog too :)