Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine items finished on time

A coworker asked me to embroider something he could frame for his girlfriend.  After some searching we came of with  "The measure of love"  found through  The fabric he picked was a unbleached muslin so I used Floriani's Fusable Mesh to give some support to the fabric and then I added 2 layers of light tear away.  The embroidery stitched out nicely with no problems except for the length of time it took as there were several color changes.

Last year I started a Valentine pillow for my daughter,  I used a base of muslin and added various red scraps.  I decided that I should actually get it done for her this year.   I cut the back out and debated on if I should embroider on it but I wanted to experiment with the sizzex so I ironed some Stitch Wichery on the back of some scrap fabric and ran it through the sizzex with the Be Mine die.  I then ironed this on to the black heart shaped fabric.  Since the letters were narrow and there really wasn't much fusible on each letter I   quickly appliqued them with a zig zag stitch and then sewed the pillow front and back together.    I think the heart shape looked better before I sewed this together because the cut is too deep to allow both halves and the middle of the pillow to look completely smooth.  This is not noticeable in the front because there is an extra layer of fabric due to the foundation for the stripes.  All in all she was happy with her pillow, it looked cute on her bed and this is now a finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment