Sunday, June 30, 2013

Butterick 5215

This is the 4th time I have made this pattern so even though it went together quickly, I could have had it done even sooner.  I made view B but modified it by shortening the sleeves and nipping the sides in some.  Maybe I'll do the body of view A next time.  I did lower the neck line and this is actually what took the most time.  I put the shirt together and then tried it on. As I have had to do for the other versions I scooped out the neck a bit then tried it on again, it was still too high so I took it off and scooped it out again and put it back on, not right yet so I scooped a bit more.  finally! I need to make a template so I won't have to sit around in my bra so much next time.

Connie shows a nice method of binding the top edge and I used that method for one of my versions but this fabric is a medium weight knit and it seamed like it would be a bit bulky so I simply folded the  bias strip short sides together  (made longer to accommodate the longer neckline) and serged it to the right side of the top.  I then top stitched close to the fold.

This shirt is ok but not a favorite, since it is a white summer shirt I don't think it will last forever anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment