Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New years resolutions or rather goals for 2014

Ok it is time to face the music.

When I started my blog I said that I didn't like to made resolution but would make goals.  I didn't meet most of my goals but that is really okay.  I still think goals are important so I am going to continue working toward these in 2014 and have even added a couple of items.


 1.  Start a blog and post at least weekly             
      I published 43 posts so I am 9 short by number but there were more than a week between many posts. 
 
2.  Sew a winter coat
     No, this didn't get done yet but it is cold and I have been eying some of my wools.
 
3.   Sew slacks
     I did sew a pair of elastic waist one seam pants mock up but I am not counting those even though I will probably make some in the future.

4.  Knit a sweater
     Not yet, couldn't find a pattern, yarn match that I wanted to spend money on. I can' spend on yarn, beads and fabric.

5.  Make most of my own clothing in 2013
     Yes, I did.  I prefer making my own clothes but haven't quite committed to not purchasing any for an entire year.         That would be like going on a diet, it would just make me hungry to buy something new.

6.  Clean and organize my sewing room
     Pipe dream

7.  Learn German
     I think adding 5 words to my vocabulary doesn't qualify so I need to book time weekly for this.

8. Be less wasteful
     Yes, I am less wasteful Before I made a purchase  I am conscious of where an item was manufactured, how it will be used and  how will it be disposed of.  This includes food as well as other goods.  The problem is that this is hard to measure.  I could take a picture of any wasted food, the amount of recycling done and the amount of trash picked up or items donated and post weakly.  What do you think?

9.  Keep my paperwork up to date.  This includes balancing my check book.

10.  Sew 2 yards of stash fabric for every yard purchased. 

Wish me luck and I hope you all have a happy and prosperous New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some pretty intense goals. Have to admire even thinking of some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy year for you. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete