Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sizzix, a fun new toy!

Yesterday I received a new toy, a Sizzix  die cutter.  One of the reasons I chose the Sizzix  was because it does not require electricity or batteries.  I purchased the Big Shot model from Joann.com.  I chose this model  because it is advertised as having the ability to cut fabrics easily.   I also purchased a flower die and some textures/embossing dies.  I cut both paper and  wool with the flower die and it worked easily.  I couldn't use the texture dies because I didn't have a silicone mat.

I have ordered some dies from  Sizzix.com the dies  I ordered were are all on sale so I was able to get them for a very reasonable cost.  Hopefully they will be here tomorrow.

I also stopped at Joann fabrics today and purchased a Texture starter kit.  The starter kit includes the die so now I can  use the embossing dies.  It is really fun to load the machine turn the handle and see the results.  
I look forward to using my toy quite a bit in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment