Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First Pieced quilt

This is the first pieced quilt I have completed.  I gave it to my daughter earlier this year but hadn't blogged about it.  It was a 2013 Buck a Block from a the Quilt shop the "Back Door Quilts and Fabrics"  in Greenwood Indiana.   I had a lot of fun making this from  thangles and the provided black and white fabric.   The shop had a sample done in the bright colors which I really liked so I make mine similar.  The blocks are 12",  the sashing between the blocks is 1-1/2 inch and 2-1/2" on the outside of the blocks The border is about 7".  That makes the finished quilt about 70 x 100 inches

I was really happy to find the border fabric which has the same colors as the pieced blocks.




 


 I took a long arm class with the Back Door and as part of the price, I received free rental time on the machine.


Here is a sample of how the quilting looks on both the front and the back.  I used grey thread top and bobbin.  I am really happy with how this turned out, it made a perfect and much loved Birthday gift.  I actually finished a project that I started and it was fun!






I
    I  will be doing another quilt soon so I'll get more practice on the long arm.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors. Have you started the second one? Long arm is easier to quilt a large quilt than a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, I was given a completed quilt top and I quilted it on the long arm yesterday. I'll post about it as soon as I get the binding on. It is much easier to quilt on the long arm.

    ReplyDelete