Thursday, January 29, 2015

Time to get it done

I love starting new projects but only like finishing them half as much.  Finishing them doesn't seem to be nearly as exciting.


Looking at the mess that my sewing room is  I think it is time to get serious and  either finish projects or pitch them.  I am not promising that I wont  start any new projects but I should finish an old project before starting a new one.  I picked out a few of the started projects I intend to get done next.  There are plenty more where these came from!

Quilt top  I made SEVERAL years ago that needs to be quilted

Quilt top was given to me by a friend, I quilted it and am now sewing the binding on


I have this already cut out for my daughter


This was given to me already cut out

I started this maybe 3 years ago.  It shouldn't take long to finish



I did get a couple of things done this week.  The red and white block is the last block in The Back Door Quilt shops 2013 First Saturday Block of the month.  Now I will have to get the setting blocks and borders together.


 The fabric to the right is the scrap from the flannel PJs I made for my fathers birthday.  I was afraid that they wouldn't fit because after I cut them out I realized I had used a woman's small rather than a mans small.  I went ahead and sewed them up  ( instead of leaving them on my sewing table)  and thought I would give them to my mom and make another pair for my dad.  I didn't have to worry, he said they fit fine and actually wanted the legs narrowed some.  I am going to make a personal pattern for each person I make PJ's for  then I won't have to worry about size or  length.  I think the time invested will pay off  saving me a lot of time and worry in the long run.


Darlene


1 comment:

  1. I need to get better. I have quilted a lap top quilt and am working on a regular sized quilt. It was a Bonnie Hunter mystery. I am on the borders now. Keep inspiring me; I have many UFO's and Easter dresses for 4 grands will be due soon.

    ReplyDelete