Sunday, January 4, 2015

Indianapolis Museam of Art

 January 2nd,  I went to the Museum of Art with  Laurie and Lisa, we had a great time.  First we did a bit of shopping downtown.  The parking was via meters that had a minimum charge of $1.50 then .25 per every 10 minutes.  I think this is expensive.  The Global Gift Store was fun and I couldn't resist a few things there.

The Owl is from Peru, the worry dolls are so cute and hopefully the salsa mix tastes good.  We then had our lunch at Bazbeaus Pizza which I recommend, it was fast, good and reasonably priced.


The parking was on the museum grounds and a reasonable $5.  per car, there was no charge to get in to see the main exhibits but there was a $15,  for the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit which we chose not to view.

This was one of my favorite pieces of art, it is made of clear bugle (tube)  beads.  I can't imagine how long it took to string them and then getting them to form as the artist wanted. 



 This beautiful view was much more interesting than the exhibit that was on my side of the glass.  If you look in the distance you can just make out the LOVE sign.


This was also one of my favorite modern art pieces. It looks like bacteria!


There were a couple of sound installations that I thought were kind of creepy  and then more floors of art including African, Asian, American and others.  We really didn't get to see everything so I plan on going back.

It was fun spending the day with one of my best friends and my daughter and a great way to start of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment